I immigrated with my family to Australia in 1968 from England under the 10 pound pom scheme. I grew up in the western suburbs of Sydney before moving to the Sutherland Shire nearly 30 years ago. For the past 15 years we have been living in Gymea Bay. It is a beautiful part of the Sutherland Shire and we love the community feel of the place.
I worked for the Australian Government for nearly 20 years before taking the plunge and resigning from my very well paid and secure job and going into real estate over 17 years ago. I must say, I have never looked back!
Every day brings up something different and I love that real estate does that, it certainly keeps me on my toes. I took the plunge in 2010 and bought into an agency before going solo in 2016. In 2017 an opportunity came along to join forces with Kylie under the Social Property Agents banner and we have never looked back.
Best things I have done:
- Moved to this glorious part of Sydney
- Meeting my husband and having my two beautiful children
- Working for the merchandise company that won the contract for the Sydney 2000 Summer Olympics, which lead to being offered a position for the Salt Lake City Winter Olympics in 2002
- Travelling extensively around Europe and experienced different countries and cultures
- Fundraising and charity work for the homeless
For fun I:
- Love to travel (even with a husband who has a terrible fear of flying). I have passed this on to my children who both now work in the travel industry
- Catching up with my girlfriends
- Visiting my "bestie" in Tasmania - it is my second home
- Enjoy child free dates with hubby
- Like walking Lila (our gorgeous cavoodle) around Gymea Bay and seeing the changes happening with people renovating or re-building their homes
For fun I:
- Panania North Public School
- Hebersham Public School
- Plumpton High School
I love Sydney because:
- We have the best harbour in the world
- It is home
- I have a great opportunity to explore different areas and meet interesting people in my job